Monday, June 06, 2005

Control, Control, we must learn Control!

(Apologies to Yoda)

So, I got a knee brace ordered for Isquibibble. Did you know that it's possible to blow out somebody's knee using only your shin and inner thigh, while they're kicking you?

Neither did I... Thursday, that is... the boss says she threw herself right into a classic lock on the way out and threw herself... but whether I popped it directly or she did herself dirty while we disengaged, or a combination of both... it's both cool and daunting to get to a point where you start inventing techniques on the fly -- and they work!

But it's another thing entirely to control something like that, since by definition you haven't had a chance to play with the leverages and timing involved...

Dolor amicus meus est, desperatia domina mea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's the dallas Isquibibble?

Anonymous said...

Knee was gone before the foot hit the floor, but I could have made it worse by the placement when it did hit, dunno, by that time it hurt so much I wasn't paying attention..

It was a verra fine trap though, you will have to show me when I am all better. :)

Anonymous said...

I just realized which trap you did; geez Russ, I have really good balance, but not good enough to pull that one off. Congrats to you for pulling it off (and sympathy to isquibibble)

Anonymous said...

It felt absolutely dreadful. Wish I coulda seen it. I'm impressed. :)

boxingalcibiades said...

And your brace will arrive tomorrow...
the appalling part is that I backed off on the pressure intentionally because I know Audie's joints are delicate. I put, from my perception, just enough pressure for there to be a solid lock and to give her a little bit of "go here," and that was it.

Jim, it was with the shin, not the calf, just so you can visualize which one it was.

Anonymous said...

Heh. And I tried to move it because I know how bad your knees are. What a stunninly spectacular success that was. :P Next time I'll just not bother as it seems we hurt eachother the most when we are trying desperatly not to.

I do appreciate it though... I KNOW! How 'bout we draw straws and the person with the short straw has to worry with taking care of not hurting the both of us for the evening and the other one just has to work on having control and good form. This could work... :)