Friday, December 09, 2005

Felt!

Felt has arrived chez moi. Therefore, since the roads were beat to all hell last night with black ice, I started stitching up gloves for playing double cane, where the hands are explicitly targeted (and are more vulnerable, since you can parry while getting a really GOOD angle on them with the other weapon)...

I have GOT to get better with a sewing awl. For some reason, last night I just couldn't seem to keep track of all the stringy bits, even though my test run worked like a charm. And I'm definitely investing in a felt wheel setup for sharpening these suckers. Sheesh. It took me most of one evening to stitch a QUARTER of a glove, not counting internal furniture for the grip...

UPDATE: I think I have the sewing awl finally figured out. Pictures help. I definitely still have to play with how to loop the material, though, and it's not even vaguely as tight a stitch as a true double-needle job...

No comments: